Friday, July 20, 2018

7/20/18-- Exciting Things!

I'm so excited!  I'm so excited!  I'm so... scared...sorry, couldn't resist a classic Saved By The Bell reference there.  But some really exciting things are happening here in the land of MomeeZee!  The first one is that I'm going to be re-naming my blog, as well as re-designing my blog.  I guess it's what business and marking folk call re-branding.

It was really cool-- I meet with The Crafty Chica last Friday for some blogger to blogger advice and insight.  Kathy is really passionate about helping other bloggers and small business owners, so every July she offers up consulting services (man, I need to lay off the reallys).  Her service was well worth it for me because she has given me some great tips, ideas (including blog direction) and motivation.  One of the big tips, and it's so obvious, is to have a blog name that people immediately know what the blog is about just by the name alone.  My friend Maira over at Enthusiastic About Life has also said the same thing, and I'm sorry that I'm just now listening Maira! 😊

As some you, my dear friends, may know, I brainstormed a whole slew of new names and put it to a vote with my friends and family.  I learned from Kathy (The Crafty Chica) that the first 5-6 things brainstormed are usually from our logical left side of the brain, and the next 5-6 things are from our creative right brain.  It's not really relevant; just a cool fact that I thought some of you might enjoy.  So anyway, I narrowed down the new blog names to two, and my friends and family have voted feverishly for their favorite. A huge thank you and shout to those of you who voted!  Stay tune in the next couple of months for the final name, and hence new blog!  I'll be having some fun things (aka giveaways) for the new blog launch!

Also exciting is that Jack will be in Pre-K starting August 6th.  My baby is a pre-kindergartner!  I'm so happy and thrilled for him to learn so new pre-k things.  Learning new things while unencumbered by fear and doubts, and to borrow from Maira, and with enthusiasm is such an awesome feeling!  He's going to have a blast.  I'm going to cry, but very thankful he's growing.  

And now a drumroll for the reveal... of the final... exciting.... piece of news I that have...brrrrum...I am working on the layout of the next Annie Aardvark book!  The title should be Annie Aardvark: Adding Ants, and it should be released this fall.  I'm most likely go to release the book through a Kickstarter campaign, right after I've finished the new blog, so please stay tuned/keep an eye out!  In the meantime, here's a sneak peak at an illustration in the new book. Squee, Annie's so cute!



 I'm so excited, I'm so excited!  I'm about to lose control and I think I like it! Hope everyone has something exciting going on in their lives!  Happy weekend! xoxo!



No comments:

Post a Comment