Monday, October 29, 2018

10/29/18- Mason's Howl (For the 8th Annual Halloweensie Contest)


“I’m so hungry!” Mason shouted.  “I’m prepping the cauldron now,” replied daddy.  Snap, crackle, pop went the fire as water began to boil.  “How about frog’s breath?” daddy asked. “Yuck!” growled Mason.  “Slimy snail shells?” said daddy.  Mason shook his head side to side and declared, “no!”    
“Okay.  How about pickled rat?” asked daddy.  Mason shivered at the thought: “gross!”  “Hmm…” daddy thought, “I think I’ve got it…” Mason’s fang curled into a snare and with the word ‘no’ forming on his lips, daddy exclaimed “Candied spider legs!”  Mason’s snare changed into smile and licking his lips, Mason howled, “yuummmm!”

7 comments:

  1. if it's candied, it's probably good. =) Good luck!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Cute! Mason is a very believable character. I love his dad's meal suggestions. Great job.

    ReplyDelete
  3. Yummy who doesn't love candied spider legs! Fun story!

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh! Kids are so hard to please, aren't they? The age-old question of "what's for dinner"?! :) Thanks for a fun entry, Suzie!

    ReplyDelete
  5. Yum, candied spider legs! Cute story.

    ReplyDelete
  6. Thanks everyone for your comments! I apologize that they all got lost in the moderator process! I had a fun time participating, and hope you all did too!

    ReplyDelete