Tuesday, January 22, 2019

1/22/19- Happy 2019!

2019 has been off to a great and yucky start for me.  Bobby, Jack and I went to Legoland the first week of 2019, and while we had a very fun time, Bobby and I both fought off of colds.  Then this past Sunday, I went to bed by 8:30 am and woke up Monday morning with aches, a minor sore throat and some congestion.  So I have another yet another cold (maybe the first cold never fully went away?).  But there's been lots of good time too-- launching rockets, building Lego sets, hanging with friends and family, and judging Future City regional competition.  Maybe I have a reoccurring cold because I'm having such non-stop fun.

And as much as I enjoy all the fun, I've felt pulled into many directions.  Like trying to keep up writing new posts for both blogs, making sure I don't fall behind at my day job, writing new books, trying to volunteer for STEM outreach events and answering every school request that comes my way and of course being mom and wife.  It just feels like too much.  I need naps.  So here's my 2019 New Year's Resolution-- do less.

Yep, I know it just sounds like I'm becoming a slacker, and you're right I am.  I just don't care if you think I'm a slacker.  I've very comfortable with being a slacker. For me, tt's nice to do less.  It makes one less stressed and worried. Leaves rooms for more naps.  And it means I'll actually be enjoying the moments with Jack instead thinking about all these work or volunteering I have to do. One of my favorite quotes is from the wise Ferris Buller, "life moves pretty fast. If you don't stop and look around once in a while, you could miss it."  So if you invite me to something this year, and I politely decline, it's not because I don't like you, but it's because I'm trying to achieve my New Year's Resolution of do less; I don't want to miss life.

What's your New Year's Resolution?  Whatever it is, I wish you a very happy 2019!



via GIPHY

1 comment:

  1. I was watching something with Bill Gates and Warren Buffet about how they purposefully have a good amount of time where they schedule nothing. It seems like you're onto something. :)

    ReplyDelete