Thursday, August 15, 2019

8/7/19-- New House

It's been such a long time since I've written a post on here.  Part of the reason is we bought a new house! Another part of the reason is I've had a flare up of my Rheumatoid Arthritis.  I've been working to get the RA in check with rest and new medication, but there are some days where I still feel completely fatigued and not up for doing anything.

But as a family, we've been enjoying our new house.  We have lots of space, and we're across the street from friends.  Jack loves that the new pool has a diving board and that he has a Lego room (yes, we have so Lego that they get their own room, haha)!  Bobby and I are having fun planning a new backyard and picking paint colors and furniture for the inside. Every weekend, I'm like this is the weekend we're done unpacking and painting and can just enjoy the house, but dang, we keep coming up with new projects (which really is a good problem to have 😁).

Sidebar-- I've also learned that when it comes to redoing the back yard, no such thing as a residential landscape designer/architect exists in the Phoenix area (commercial yes, residential no), so fingers crossed, Bobby and I picked nice plants and layout for said plants.

The other semi-big change in our life is that Jack has started Junior Kindergarten at the same place he went to preschool.  So Junior Kindergarten is in between the Pre-K and Kindergarten at Jack's school, and so far he is loving it.  He packs a book everyday, and his teacher sends so many pictures of all their classroom activities (a typical day has them doing 10 different activities)-- so Jack is plenty busy learning new things!

So that's just how life is for me in this moment of time.  One day is bad; the next day is good.  I'm trying to not let house remodel, work and bad health days stress me out, but sometimes that's easier said and done.  Walking the dog everyday, munching on dark chocolate, and getting a massage is my stress relief plan of attack, and hopefully the good days will be more than the bad days. That's the RA lifestyle-- I try to focus on the good and take plenty of naps on both bad days and good days.  Take care friends and family! xoxo!

Cutest Jr. Kindergartner Ever!

No comments:

Post a Comment